Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2,000 Flushes

039036

  038 040

So about a week ago Marcus took me out to this place that his friend Dallan told him about called 2,000 flushes located just outside of Cedar City! The whole way there he just kept telling me how it was pretty much one of the coolest little places he has seen and how the water was so blue… I sat there thinking he was going to take me to this nasty sewer dump (which I think anyone would have considering the name of the place). Much to my surprise it really was an awesome blue and the water was really blue! I guess it is an old copper mine, but you can swim in the water just not very often or it would do something to your skin. I don’t know if I will ever do it though ha I am too chicken! but it really would be fun and scary at the same time! Maybe someday we will go. We didn’t get to stay very long because about five minutes after we got there the wind started blowing really hard and it actually blew in a storm but it was fun to go see and I’m so glad we did!

032  Just me and my guy out with Tammy and Seth on a little dinner and a movie date! Thanks for takin’ us with you guys! It was fun to get out of the house!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I went there a few times in college and even swam in it. I've heard some crazy things about it though. Things like "mutated animals" and "skin diseases" and that you can't even get out to it anymore because an ore mining company has it fenced off and security cameras everywhere...I wonder if any of it is true???

Ruby and Ozzy da pugs said...

Not even close the skin part is true because of the mercury in the water but the whole secuity cameras every were is not true theres not even signs that say no treaspasing. aahah i just went there today it is a pretty sight but for some reason it just creeps me out kind of has a "hills have eyes" feeling to it. :)

Unknown said...

I was just out there a couple weeks ago.. it's still accessible